I bought another model 12 today

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Laguna442

I bought another model 12 today

Post by Laguna442 »

I got a call from a friend that there was a 12C nearby with a tang sight. It turned out to be a 12C with a lyman tang sight. It is rather rough however. I noticed it was missing the retainer. I shot it and it didn't feed. The second shell fed and the 3rd one jammed it up and I had to break it down to get clear it out. I think I better break open one of the others and see if anything else is missing. Serial # 41985X. This one has a ring for a sling on the 1st mag band. Where does one get Mr Glydes book? I need to see what an original sling looks like. These things leave one with alot of questions....
remington600

Re: I bought another model 12 today

Post by remington600 »

Does it say NRA TARGET on the barrel. They had the sling loop on the magazine loop. If so it will not have a rear sight unless someone installed it afterwards. If it does not say NRA then someone installed the sling loop. If it is a NRA good luck finding a sling. I have been searching for an original sling for a long time. So if someone out there has one let me know. On the homepage click Remington books. I believe its the first book listed. It will tell you how to order one.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

I bought a collection of Rem 22s a few years back. Included was a M/34 NRA with the original sling. It's the only one I have seen. I have no idea what they are worth, but I have had several people say they wanted it when I decided to get rid of it. It appears to be the same as the M/12 NRA sling. And NO, I'm not ready to get rid of it.