Engraved 1100

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
dyuhas

Engraved 1100

Post by dyuhas »

Are there any books or resources that I can look at to determine if an engraved 1100 I have was done in the custom shop? The gun was made in 1965 but that is all Remington could tell me.
Thanks,
Drew

lowgun

Post by lowgun »

You need to post pictures first. Everything else comes next.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lowgun wrote:You need to post pictures first. Everything else comes next.
pictures added
tudurgs

Post by tudurgs »

Certainly doesn't look like the F grade I once owned. The aftermarket carving on the stock is another clue that the metal work probably wasn't done at the factory
dyuhas

Post by dyuhas »

Thanks for the information. The gun is unfired and I would not shoot it if it was from the custom shop. I would like to use this to shoot skeet.
Regards,
Drew
Gene Myszkowski

Engraved Model 1100

Post by Gene Myszkowski »

Remington factory engraved firearms have their receivers pulled off the production line before the Remington logo, model and serial number are rollmarked. These are then hand engraved on the bottom of the receiver or in some cases on the side of the receiver but not in the same area as the roll markings. The grade is usually after the model MODEL 1100 D (or F).

There are usually 3 game scenes on each side of a "F" grade but this can vary according to the desires of the customer. The inlays, if ordered, are of gold. Silver inlays have not turned up in any factory engraved arms.

Gene
dyuhas

Post by dyuhas »

Thank you for the information. I was told this was won in some type of raffle many years ago. Was not sure who did the engraving.
Thanks,
Drew