Model 572 dissembly

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
gunsnrods

Model 572 dissembly

Post by gunsnrods »

I just bought a 572 smoothbore, it's not the recent BDL but an older model with plain lumber...gun is in 90-95% condition...Remington's website has an owners manual...32gb download! I need to disassemble and clean this thing...could someone post or email instructions? Thanks!
gunsnrods

Re: Model 572 dissembly

Post by gunsnrods »

Update: I have a pdf copy of the owners manual.
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

gunsnrods wrote:I just bought a 572 smoothbore, it's not the recent BDL but an older model with plain lumber...gun is in 90-95% condition...Remington's website has an owners manual...32gb download! I need to disassemble and clean this thing...could someone post or email instructions? Thanks!
I don't know where you came up with the 32 GB thing, but on Remington's site it's 13.2 MB.

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... aster.aspx

However, at this link, it's about 2.6 MB.

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

Personally, I don't take those things apart to "clean" them unless I'm having a problem (which is almost NEVER, due to their reliability). I've seen far too many posts here about guns getting screwed up because people THINK they need to take them apart for various reasons.
About the time they lose a part or can't figure out how to put it back together, they come to realize that. I've found that a little carburetor cleaner will work wonders if or when it becomes absolutely necessary.

Den

gunsnrods

Post by gunsnrods »

I took the trigger assembly out, cleaned the gunk out, cleaned the barrel, little oil here and there and I'm ready to go. I am having a problem finding a solid value for this smoothbore..Blue Book shows a 572 Smoothbore, a 572 Fieldmaster BDL smoothbore, no listing for a 572 Fieldmaster that I would call the ADL, date code on barrel is DO 78. This = September 1977. Any experts out there that can help me?