Remington No. 2 Rolling block Schematic

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
stevenjay1

Remington No. 2 Rolling block Schematic

Post by stevenjay1 »

I am in the process of restoring a 32/20 No. 2 RRB. So far, so good. The barrel has been relined and now it is time to start work on the metal. Does anyone have a schematic of the No.2? I would like to see the contour of the lower tang. Was it straight or did it have a slight downward curve? Thanks, Steve
Just another home sick Texan that shouldn't of left in the first place!
DavidFagan

Re: Remington No. 2 Rolling block Schematic

Post by DavidFagan »

stevenjay1 wrote:I am in the process of restoring a 32/20 No. 2 RRB. So far, so good. The barrel has been relined and now it is time to start work on the metal. Does anyone have a schematic of the No.2? I would like to see the contour of the lower tang. Was it straight or did it have a slight downward curve? Thanks, Steve
Does this help?

David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer

Post by Guest »

Thanks David but that is a No.1 and the tang shape is different. Again, I appreciate your help. Steve
T Jackson

No 2 Rolling Block

Post by T Jackson »

Pick up a copy of Frank de Haas' "Single Shot Rifles and Actions". It has anything you may need to know Re the No 2 action (and other single shots).

Post by Guest »

Thanks T Jackson, Steve
Mike Strietbeck

No. 2 Rolling Block

Post by Mike Strietbeck »

I have a copy of the illustrated prts diagram for the No. 2 R/B and it looks to me like their is a slight curve to the lower tang. If you want a copy of it, email me your mailing address to: mammothinc@aol.com

Mike Strietbeck
Mike Strietbeck

No. 2 Rolling Block

Post by Mike Strietbeck »

I have a copy of the illustrated prts diagram for the No. 2 R/B and it looks to me like their is a slight curve to the lower tang. If you want a copy of it, email me your mailing address to: mammothinc@aol.com

Mike Strietbeck