info wanted " game name game" poster 1923

Sign the guestbook
jwl

info wanted " game name game" poster 1923

Post by jwl »

I can not seem to find any info on my 1923 poster, " Remington Game Name Game " it has 34 animals in the game ,fox,whitetail, ducks ect. they are numbered and corispond to the list of names below. I can not find any reference to this poster/game on the internet. any info, value , knowledge would be apprieciated, thanks , JWL
Mike Strietbeck

Re: info wanted " game name game" poster 1923

Post by Mike Strietbeck »

The 1923 Game Loads poster is very common because it was a general distribution item to customers to promote the new game loads shot shells as opposed to advertising meant for dealer use. They could be picked up at a dealer or hardware store or for ten cents in stamps a person could write to Remington and get a copy in the mail.They tended to get framed so many exist today. The artist was Lynn Bogue Hunt and collectible for that name alone. Value for this poster has gone up recently but condition drives the value. This print faded very easily so to find a bright copy is hard to find. A good bright copy will go for $175-200. A faded copy in good shape $75-100. A torn or ripped copy $50 or less.

Hope this helps.

Mike Strietbeck
Particular interest is in Revolving rifles, Cane rifles, hand guns, and all Remington knives. Conducting survey on revolving rifles, please request survey form.
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

I would like to add that this poster was reproduced on a 1988 calendar. The dates of 1904
were the same as 1988. the repro. was 14" X 27". and If my information is correct the original was 17" X 25".

ChuckD
Mike Strietbeck

Post by Mike Strietbeck »

Chuck,

Thanks for the very important additional information.

Mike
Particular interest is in Revolving rifles, Cane rifles, hand guns, and all Remington knives. Conducting survey on revolving rifles, please request survey form.
Banf

Post by Banf »

... Quick note to say I have an original poster,, in old frame... Yes, somewhat faded but beautiful.. Size is 26x18.5... D ...