1899 Remington rifle

Sign the guestbook
Bill Slota

1899 Remington rifle

Post by Bill Slota »

I recently acquired what I have determined to be a 1899 Remington rifle as a "gift' from a friend. I have no history on the gun. It is disassembled and has the stock cut off at the front barrel band. I can tell that its missing some parts,eg, the extracter claw and front sight. Does anyone have an exploded view parts list so I can see what's missing? Are parts available for this gun? Is it worth trying to make a shooter or should it just be sold for parts? Overall the parts are 'good' condition. Comments appreciated.
DavidFagan

Re: 1899 Remington rifle

Post by DavidFagan »

Bill Slota wrote:I recently acquired what I have determined to be a 1899 Remington rifle as a "gift' from a friend. I have no history on the gun. It is disassembled and has the stock cut off at the front barrel band. I can tell that its missing some parts,eg, the extracter claw and front sight. Does anyone have an exploded view parts list so I can see what's missing? Are parts available for this gun? Is it worth trying to make a shooter or should it just be sold for parts? Overall the parts are 'good' condition. Comments appreciated.
I suspect Gene's book does http://remingtonsociety.com/rsa/books/Gene (I'm not a rifle guy) if you hit my e-mail button and send me contact information I'll forward it to him.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer