Model 812 single shot

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Steven Mace

Model 812 single shot

Post by Steven Mace »

I am looking for any & all historical information of the Remington Model 812 shotgun. I believe this was actually made in Brazil and imported to the USA by Remington. I'm curious to learn the years of manufacture, possible variations (barrel lengths, gauges, finishes) and name of actual manufacturer. Also, is there a location to see pictures of the Model 812? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Steve Mace
After today, it's all historical.
ChuckD

Model 812

Post by ChuckD »

The Remington Model 812 was manufactured by Companhia Brasileira Cartuchos (CBC) in Brazil. Remington owned an intrest in this company until taken over by the government in the 1970's. This shotgun was not sold in the USA, it was made for foreign sales. However, it was sold in Canada by Canadian Industries Ltd. (CIL) as the Model 402. This shotgun was sold in the US by some discount stores, but not under the Remington name.
The 812 was made in 12, 16, 20, & 410 gauges. Barrel lengths are 12 ga 30" -- 16 & 20 ga 28".
The Remington Society Journal had two articles on the 812, 1995 3rd Qtr. and 2002 4th Qtr.

Thank You!

Post by Guest »

ChuckD, THANK YOU for the information on the Model 812!

Steve Mace
bobgoober

Model 812

Post by bobgoober »

Can anybody tell me if there is any value to a 410 bore model 812? Somebody is interested in purchasing it and I would like more information.
grousehunter111

Post by grousehunter111 »

My father has one in 28 guage
moparfreak77

Post by moparfreak77 »

I just got a Remington Model 812 from my grandpas collection. Since it was not sold in the states and was sold as a model 402 in Canada, he would have got it overseas then? When were these made from? thanks