Wanted to Buy - Other Remington Collectables
GWright

Antique Wall Posters

Post by GWright »

Remington Arms Co (4) antique posters 24x36, looking for current value
remington600

Re: Antique Wall Posters

Post by remington600 »

You may need to be a little more specific on what ads your talking about. I think o may know though. Remington made some repro posters not that long ago. I believe there were 4. A man holding a model 8 walking around a corner facing a bear. Another with wolves coming into a camp site. Another with 2 guys shooting a goat across a canyon, and another guy goose or duck hunting with the sunset in the back ground. This set is quite common on ebay. I've bought the whole set a year or so ago for 100.00, but it doesn't meen much on these, but it was still in the original carton. I would guess about $30.00 to $40.00 a piece. The goose hunter does not seem to sell very well not the 2 guys shooting across the canyon so maybe less on those two.
GWright

Post by GWright »

Thanks for the info. I purchased the prints in 1980 from Remington Arms Co. I have the original carton and the introductory sheet which reads We are pleased to enclose your Remington antique posters. This specially set of four has been reproduced form the famous Remington Wildlife Art Collection. Whether you're an admirer of excellence in sporting art or a collector of advertising memorabilia, you now own "collectible copies" of an art form that reached its peak in the early 1900's. Remington Arms Company,Inc. The posters are of a man shooting at wolfs acrossed a fire bottom of of print says Remington Autoloading Rifle-Loads Itself. next print is a bird dog flushing 6 quail and says at bottom Reminton UMC next print is as you said man and bear titled The Right Of Way next print is of a hunter holding 2 rabbits in his left hand and 2 dogs walking with him says Remington UMC poster orange in color. So anymore info you can provide PLEASE do so with being 29 years old i think i really have something of value. THANK YOU AGAIN Garry (Bud) Wright
35Rem

Post by 35Rem »

These sets show up from time to time on EBay, as mentioned above. I bought mine about 9 years ago for $50. I got lucky, but the prices above are about right. Maybe $50 each to the right buyer, but they don't seem to bring too much.
Mcb613

Post by Mcb613 »

Hello, new to the site and researching " thevrigjt of way" advertising poster.
Is there a way to determine if the poster is an original ptintbfrom 1907, or a copy from 1950?
Ptobably not lucky enough for an original.
I appreciate any help!
Thx,
Mike