North Atlanta GA Gunsmiths

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Hesser

North Atlanta GA Gunsmiths

Post by Hesser »

I have two older remington shotguns: Model 10 (manufacture date 1921) and a Model 1100 (manufacture date 1979), that I need to get some gunsmith work on, it's been difficult to find smiths who work on these older shotguns. I took them to a local gunsmith, for the 1100 just to check it's condition, gas ports and O rings, after they were finished I went to shoot it, well, they either forgot to reinstall the firing pin or just lost it. On the model 10, I was having an issue with it slam firing, even without pulling the trigger. They had this for over 3 months, then said everything was fine, but couldn't get the magazine to feed shells. I took it out to the range, still slam fired, and the magazine tube had a dent in it, (that's why it wouldn't feed), they didn't see the dent. I think that the shotgun just sat around their shop for 3 months and they did nothing to it, but still charged me $100.

So I am looking for a gunsmith who has worked on older shotguns in my area, does anyone out there know of any I could get in touch with?

Thanks

Hesser