NEED HELP TO ID MY REMINGTON 1858

GREVEN

NEED HELP TO ID MY REMINGTON 1858

Post by GREVEN »

I am from a country There it almost impossible to buy Guns... SWEDEN
These orginal from 1858 is ok but NO REMAKING has to be orginal.
Here is what i know about my Remy.
1.its. 44cal
2.stainless steel model.
3.stange loading level "read about a guy that had this but i didint find more.
I AM REALLY NEW AT THIS AND ITS WAS A LONG TIME I WROTE IN ENGLISH SO BARE WITH ME.
IMG_20230714_173100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patbar

Post by Patbar »

Greven, your gun is a Remington New Army Model which has been manufactured from 1863 to 1873. It is not made of stainless steel but it was originally blued and this finish is gone.

The loading lever has been altered, as it should have the same shape as the one below.

Arounf 122,000 units were manufactured, so yours was made toward the end of this production.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aardq

Re: NEED HELP TO ID MY REMINGTON 1858

Post by aardq »

Hi Greven,

Jag använde internet för att ge en svensk översättning, så jag hoppas att den är korrekt. Det är en New Model Army, tillverkad 1863 till 1865. Din pistol tillverkades i oktober 1864. De enskilda bokstäverna som är stämplade på olika delar är myndighets- och underinspektörsmärken, så din pistol köptes av USA. Tyvärr finns det inget sätt att veta vilken enhet vapnet skickades till, eller vad som hände med det efter inbördeskrigets slut. Ramen ser ut att ha gått sönder och reparerats. Det vänstra greppet är en ersättning och har en udda skruv. Avtryckarfjädern var trasig och reparerad. Drivfjädern är en ersättning. Lastspaken har modifierats kraftigt. Skruvarna i ramen är blå, och eftersom det inte finns någon finish kvar på pistolen misstänker jag att det kan vara ersättningsskruvar. Vi kan se bättre om du lägger upp ett foto av pistolens vänstra sida. Du bör kunna hitta reservdelar härifrån USA, men du måste göra en del sökningar.
Njut av din del av historien.
Daniel

I used the internet to give a Swedish translation, so I hope that it is accurate. That is a New Model Army, made 1863 to 1865. Your gun was made in October of 1864. The individual letters stamped on various parts are government, sub-inspector approval marks, so you gun was bought by the US. Unfortunately, There is no way to know what unit the gun was sent to, or what happened to it after the Civil War ended.

The frame appears to have been broken and repaired. The left grip is a replacement and has an odd screw. The trigger spring was broken and repaired. The mainspring is a replacement. The loading lever has been heavily modified. The screws in the frame are blue, and with no finish left on the pistol, I suspect that they might be replacement screws. We can tell better if you post a photo of the left side of the pistol. You should be able to find replacement parts from here in the US, but you will have to do some searching.

Enjoy your piece of history.
Daniel