Measurements of Remington arms

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
jason60chev

Measurements of Remington arms

Post by jason60chev »

Hello All,

I am away from home and trying to have a lined case made for three of my original Remington
hand guns.

I need some measurements, if any of y'all could oblige.

1) Remington New Model Police with 3.5" barrel........Measurements as indicated on the pic.

2) Remington Over/Under Double Derringer........Just need Width X Height

Thank you,
Jason
Attachments
Dimensions.jpg
Dimensions.jpg (158.81 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Dimensions.jpg
Dimensions.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 797 times
aardq

Re: Measurements of Remington arms

Post by aardq »

Good Morning Jason,

Welcome to the RSA forum. First is a clarification of terms. In the DD photo your line A is the height, but your line B is the length. The width is the dimension of the side to side thickness.

DD A = 3 1/4" B = 4 7/8"

The NMP Your dimensions are: A = 4 1/4" B = 8 1/2" C = 4 3/16" D = 1 1/16"
E = 2 9/16" F = 1 3/16" G = 1 3/4"

I added dimension "G", which is the distance from your line A to your line F. This dimension is needed if you are making a case.
All dimensions were taken with the barrel horizontal. This means that the trigger guard s at a slight angle, with the lowest point being the rear of the trigger guard.

Good luck with your project,
Daniel
jason60chev

Post by jason60chev »

Thank you Daniel. Appreciate it.

I opened my NMP image in Paint and sized until I could measure a 3" barrel. Some of my
measurements are a little different.

Am working in Syria so I cannot take measurements of my actual piece.

I will only have a few weeks vacation, in August and am trying to have this case made/ready
for when I get home. Working up different configurations. The case maker is in England and uses
original/vintage boxes with locks, to make his cases. Sells on Ebay and Etsy. Looks like really good
work. Thought would be good for my original guns.

I have a casing that I was working on, myself, before I came over here, which will contain repro
Remington Navy conversion (Nickeled);Repro Remington Pocket w/conversion cylinder (Nickeled)
and a Great Western Arms Rem style DD (Very close copy),also nickeled. Casing will include several
accessories. Dark blue velvet. Should look nice.

Thanks, again, for responding to my inquiry.
jason60chev

Post by jason60chev »

Thank you Daniel. Appreciate it.

I opened my NMP image in Paint and sized until I could measure a 3" barrel. Some of my
measurements are a little different.

Am working in Syria so I cannot take measurements of my actual piece.

I will only have a few weeks vacation, in August and am trying to have this case made/ready
for when I get home. Working up different configurations. The case maker is in England and uses
original/vintage boxes with locks, to make his cases. Sells on Ebay and Etsy. Looks like really good
work. Thought would be good for my original guns.

I have a casing that I was working on, myself, before I came over here, which will contain repro
Remington Navy conversion (Nickeled);Repro Remington Pocket w/conversion cylinder (Nickeled)
and a Great Western Arms Rem style DD (Very close copy),also nickeled. Casing will include several
accessories. Dark blue velvet. Should look nice.

Thanks, again, for responding to my inquiry.
aardq

Post by aardq »

Hello again Jason,

A few comments. 1) the DD measurements are off of one of my original DDs, not a Great Western, and I have no idea what the dimensions of the Great Western DD are. I wondered what the gun in the photo is, now I know.

2) The New Model Police has a 3 1/2" barrel, not a 3" barrel.

3) If you have other cases made, you should get the dimensions from the actual make and model of the gun.

Good luck with the cases. Send photos when they're done.
Daniel
jason60chev

Post by jason60chev »

Thanks.

I hate being over here, because it is so difficult to get stuff like this done. Have to wait months to come home,
then measure everything and make cutouts to send to craftsman, then it take weeks before it'sdelivered, then I have to wait another 6+ months until I get home again, to see if everything fits. UGH.

Just the waste of time, having to wait to get things done.

Yes, you are correct......the DD in the photo is a Great Western, which will be used in a separate casing. The one I am using with my original pieces is a Belgian made copy, in 41RF.

One craftsman said that we will not do work without a tracing/cutout of the pieces. I guess I can't blame him.

Thanks.