Remington 1-1/2 Rolling Block?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
1srelluc

Remington 1-1/2 Rolling Block?

Post by 1srelluc »

I picked this one up at my local gun shop this morning.....I think it's a 1-1/2 but I figured I'd ask to be sure. That and did they chamber it in .22 LR?

The reason I ask is because there is some resistance and lead shaving when I push a LR round all the way into the chamber. No issue with .22 shorts.....Short and longs only?

This one sports a 26" medium weight octagon barrel (3/8" across the flats) with the original iron sights and a very strong bore, nice (no cracks) stock with steel nose cap, and it retains a bit of it's color case-hardening but it's faded. The blue is still in good shape. Mechanically sound and it ejects smartly.

It has the three-sided receiver top with no groove.

The roll mark on the top of the barrel reads E. Remington and Sons, Ilion, NY, 22 on the bottom of the barrel, and 1941 (serial?) towards the rear of the bottom tang.

Thanks.
1srelluc

Re: Remington 1-1/2 Rolling Block?

Post by 1srelluc »

Well this site was a waste of time.

Three days and nothing.
stanforth

Post by stanforth »

( Well this site was a waste of time. )

You just may have put off anyone thinking of answering your question.
malsop

Post by malsop »

1srelluc

Please know this forum is completely done on a voluntary basis and some members are not able to monitor the forum 24/7. We all do our best to help answer as many questions as we can but sometimes there just isn't enough hours in the day. Our members do their best but please know they have other research projects they work on as well as most of our members still work full time jobs.

Your rifle does look like a Remington model 1 1/2 . They were chambered in 22 short & long. That is probably why your 22 LR is having some resistance.

Please remember it may take more than just 3 days to have questions answered with ALL voluntary crew monitoring the forum.

Mike Alsop
Vice President & Seminar Coordinator
Remington Society of America