Remington NMA case measures

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
Fabrizio

Remington NMA case measures

Post by Fabrizio »

Hi everyone!
I am trying to build a case for my Remington New Model Army and I am looking for the exact measures of the wooden case.
Can you please help me?
Thank you in advance,
Fabrizio
aardq

Re: Remington NMA case measures

Post by aardq »

Hello Fabrizio,

There is no known, standard size case for any Remington pistol. Remington had their cases made for them, and the cases can vary in dimensions depending on the contents and the way they are laid out. For all we know, the case makers of the time may have made case of a certain size, and then added the interior to fit the pistol that the case was for. You can have your case made how ever you want it. Maybe arrange the pistol, and accessories the way you like, and then measure what you have to get the dimensions that you want.

The wood can also be what you like. Oak, maple, cherry, and walnut all make very attractive cases. The original interiors are seen in all colors, red, maroon, green, blue, and purple, usually a felt or velvet.

The bottom line is that you can have a case made the way you want, with whatever materials you like, without the need to copy an original. Especially, since the originals were made with different materials in different sizes, with different accessories. Any case you have made to your liking will fit right in with original cases.

We do ask that you post a few photos here when your case is finished.

Daniel
dieNusse1

Re: Remington NMA case measures

Post by dieNusse1 »

Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tennessee sells presentation cases as well as the other items you might want to include with your NMA. A bit pricey and I don't know if they ship to Europe.