Sad news about Gene Myszkowski

54bullseye

Sad news about Gene Myszkowski

Post by 54bullseye »

I was sad when I started reading this last Remington Journal and saw that Gene Myszkowski had passed away after a short illness. I didn't know Gene other than many phone calls and emails about different engraved Remington rifles. He went into his old Remington Day books from Robert Runge looking up dates and info on a few rifles of mine. He was a very interesting gentleman on the phone and he always seemed anxious to talk about engraved rifles and who did them and he never seemed like it was a bother to look up info for me !! Gene and Roy Marcot did a nice Remington "letter of authenticity" for a nice 700-D grade I have a few years back and more recent I contacted Gene to find information on a 721-D Grade Rifle. Last time I spoke to Gene was January of 2021 regarding that 721-D rifle which he looked up and got back to me very promptly and cheerfully with the info !! He never mentioned not feeling good or any sickness to me. He was a passionate Remington historian for sure !!

He will be greatly missed in the Remington world !!! He was a true gentleman and my condolences go out to all his family and friends !!
John Taylor
Mainspring

Re: Sad news about Gene Myszkowski

Post by Mainspring »

I never knew the gentleman but have been reading his book Remington Autoloading & Pump-Action Rifles and am enloying the read.