Remington 572 know alls

TroyCoble

Remington 572 know alls

Post by TroyCoble »

Ok i have purchased a few older (60s and 70s) rifles. Based on barrel stamps. But the question I have is. Two of them have a barrel screw on the upper left of the reserver and two of them do not have said screw! Can anyone tell me what the difference is? Older? Newer? Any help would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wulfman

Re: Remington 572 know alls

Post by Wulfman »

TroyCoble wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:28 pm Ok i have purchased a few older (60s and 70s) rifles. Based on barrel stamps. But the question I have is. Two of them have a barrel screw on the upper left of the reserver and two of them do not have said screw! Can anyone tell me what the difference is? Older? Newer? Any help would be great!

This link should give you a clue:

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/

it should be fairly obvious. Determine the manufacture dates and if two are older and two are newer, they probably made changes to either do away with the screws or had a reason to add them.

Den

TroyCoble

Re: Remington 572 know alls

Post by TroyCoble »

Wulfman wrote:
TroyCoble wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:28 pm Ok i have purchased a few older (60s and 70s) rifles. Based on barrel stamps. But the question I have is. Two of them have a barrel screw on the upper left of the reserver and two of them do not have said screw! Can anyone tell me what the difference is? Older? Newer? Any help would be great!

This link should give you a clue:

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/

it should be fairly obvious. Determine the manufacture dates and if two are older and two are newer, they probably made changes to either do away with the screws or had a reason to add them.

Den

I have found that the older ones have no screw on the side for the barrel. The next question is does that make one better than the other?