Remington Model 14a serial #C74236

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Ltschu55439

Remington Model 14a serial #C74236

Post by Ltschu55439 »

My dad recently passed away and while helping clean his home I found a Remington Model 14A serial number C74236 hidden in a crawl space locked in a pelican case vault I had to break into. Will anyone with knowledge of this gun please share it with me? My dad hid stuff, not always valuable stuff so I’m curious about this gun. It’s a pump action .30 cal. The serial number is on the bottom of the gun, the barrel of the gun lists Remington Arms-Union Metalic Cartridge Co
Tom H

Re: Remington Model 14a serial #C74236

Post by Tom H »

I have a few questions on your rifle that was most likely made in 1920. Could I get you to send a picture to my email address? I started this typing questions but after 6 of them, I think a picture or two might save time. I maintain a database on model 14s and should be able to provide with more details............tom. hemphill@gvtel.com
NRA Benefactor Member
nambujim

Re: Remington Model 14a serial #C74236

Post by nambujim »

You have the "right guy" working on this for you, send Tom a pic and he will tell you the full story.............he is "the man" when it comes to 14's, all I do is fix them. Funny, my dad did the same thing only he put them in the bloody attic and didn't do right protecting them but the stuff he left had a lot of value............your 14A no so much but still has value, very neat rifle.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson