Remington Mle 1907-15 8mm full size

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
GMJUNE555

Remington Mle 1907-15 8mm full size

Post by GMJUNE555 »

Hello,

I have inherited a Remington Mle 1907-15 8mm rifle. I also have (2) 3rd "clips", and a very old, "new" box of 8mm Remington ammo (20 rds). The rifle is in pristine condition, and the action is great. My father would call the rifle his fathers "French Army Rifle", that could shoot a mile, with the sight up at the highest level. There was also a bayonet known to be in the family, but I do not know where it could be. The rifle was used in VT for hunting. The sight is tight, and works perfectly. I have never shot the rifle, but the barrel is clean and clear. In comparison to other Remington Mle 1907-15's on the web, mine does not have grasping grooves, the sling ring hole is on the right side of the barrel clamp, and the barrel clamp/bayonet holder does not have the short stem, and it does not appear to be broken off, it is factory machined smooth. The barrel is 32" long, and the rifle has no serial number. It has the stock features of a sporter version, but is full size. I have not seen another one similar to this one. The bolt and receiver are identical to ones on the web.

Any assistance identifying what version of the Remington Mle 1907-15 I have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks