Bill West--historian, author

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
AZMike

Bill West--historian, author

Post by AZMike »

In the late 70's and 80's I bought a few of Bill West's books on Remington Guns.
Also reprints of catalogs and such from Rolling Block Press, Brea, CA sold by McKee Publications
I can't find any references or sources for these authors, anybody have sources?
2shooter

Re: Bill West--historian, author

Post by 2shooter »

Art McKee passed away in 2000. There are no new catalogs only old copies he done that are available at gun shows or ebay. What year catalog are you looking for. Art and I were very good friends.
AZMike

Post by AZMike »

2shooter, I am not specifically looking for any years but always looking for ones that I don't have. It was nice to have access to collectors that could compile and re-print catalogs. I also like Shotgun News!
Jack71

Post by Jack71 »

Like AZMike, I have a few books that Bill West wrote and published. They were written in the 1970s and 80s and deal with Remington, Winchester and Stevens firearms. I'm not aware of anything he has written in the past 30 years so I wonder what happened to him.

The books I have seen are a quick reference source for older guns and related items. He appeared to rely heavily on old manufacturer's catalogs and other historic publications. I haven't seen anything he wrote that attempted to be an in-depth study of any particular model or subject.