New to me Remington 51.

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
AMraider

New to me Remington 51.

Post by AMraider »

I just picked this up from a gunshow. I love the way it fits in my hand. The serial # dates it 1920 Type 1 but the barrel is stamped 380 cal and the frame is stamped with Remington Trade Mark like a type 2. Did I buy a parts put together gun? It looks clean and as long as it shoots ok I'm good with it. Pretty rare to find one of theses locally around here.
Attachments
Rem51c.jpg
Rem51c.jpg (748.68 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
Rem51b.jpg
Rem51b.jpg (554.39 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
Rem51a.jpg
Rem51a.jpg (550.05 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
Steven Swope

Re: New to me Remington 51.

Post by Steven Swope »

AMraider :

Looks good, would need to inspect it for factory stamps / markings, it is possible it has had a diff barrel installed in it or the frame has been switched out.

If it shoots straight and functions as intended, no jamming.. and if not into it too deep, funds wise. NICE !!

Where is this located that they don't come up for sale often ??
AMraider

Post by AMraider »

I made a range trip the other day and even with it's Triple K magazine it functioned just fine. Very fun to shoot and easy to point. I have not seen many of theses here in Iowa. I traded a mauser for this one and couldn't be happier. More range trips with this for sure.
Steven Swope

Post by Steven Swope »

AMraider :

GLAD TO HEAR YOUR NOW A REM 51 OWNER / SHOOTER AND HAPPY ABOUT IT !!!!

SINCE THEY AREN'T MANUf. ANYMORE AND PARTS SOURCES FOR THEM ARE STARTING TO GET THIN, START LOOKING AT BUYING EXTRA ITEMS / PARTS NOW

IF NOT NOW.....YOU MAY REGRET IT LATER WITH A BROKEN PART AND NONE AVAILABLE, ANYMORE !!!! AND PARTS SOURCES ARE STARTING TO " DRY - UP " ,QUICKLY !!!
AMraider

Post by AMraider »

What would be the recommended parts list?
Steven Swope

Post by Steven Swope »

AMraider :

AN ORIGINAL MAGAZINE, YA I KNOW THE KKK MAG WORKS FINE. JUST TO BE SEMI CORRECT , A BREECH BLOCK IF YOUR FIRING ANYTHING OTHER THAN LOW POWER LOADS IN THAT PISTOL.. THINKING ..WHAT ELSE ?????