Remington Hepburn

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
Rider

Remington Hepburn

Post by Rider »

Gentleman,
I recently purchased a Remington Hepburn in 25-20 SS. I am looking for a gunsmith to evaluate the gun and make some small repairs. I live in Colorado and would prefer a smith in the area. Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Lynn Rider

P.S. I am also in the market for brass and dies if anyone has some that they need to move.
oldremguy

Re: Remington Hepburn

Post by oldremguy »

I don't know about a gunsmith in your area, but if you are looking for
brass and dies, have you checked out Buffalo Arms.

Have a Good Day,
Matt
Rider

Post by Rider »

I have located two gunsmiths on information provided from another board. (24 Hour Campfire BPCR) I intend to load only black powder and cast bullets. I have not been able to located something similar to a Lyman "M" die. Any suggestions?
EQ Guy

Post by EQ Guy »

Try Buffalo Arms at http://www.buffaloarms.com. Look in reloading supplies under custom expanders. They should have what you are looking for. Also Mike Lewis is in Colorado and is a very good gunsmith. His email address is remhep3 at gmail.com.
Rider

Post by Rider »

EQ Guy,
Thanks for the info. I have looked thru buffalo arms site numbers of times and missed the expander section. That solves that problem. Thanks again. I will contact Mike Lewis to see where he is located.
Dixiejack

Post by Dixiejack »

Graf & Sons had some .25-20 SS brass about a month ago. This is new brass. Not cheap, but the best price I have found.
Never mind the mule, just load the wagon.
Rider

Post by Rider »

Thanks for the info. I already have brass. I found some at a gun show and some at a local gun shop. I have not had time to do anything with the Hepburn as I am working away from home at the present time. Graf also has brass for my model 33 Husqvarna in 8x58 R Sauer. It is even more expensive! Everything will come together in time.
majorfs45

Post by majorfs45 »

You might look at: Schuetzen Gun Co LLC  
Store Address: 1523 US-34, Loveland, CO 80537
Phone:(970) 635-2409

He does very nice work and should give you a very good opinion on the condition of the rifle.

If you can go to Oklahoma, Dave Crossno near Edmond, OK and Dan Zimmerman would be good people to take a hepburn into. Dave has been working on Hepburns for years and Dan is the one making D-Z Arms Hepburns in South OKC,