remington armory model 1918?

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
hunter_max

remington armory model 1918?

Post by hunter_max »

I have a bolt action rifle with an extremely long barrel that says remington armory model 1918. Was wanting more information on this rifle. Would like to know caliber and any other information if known. I got this a yard sale for $80.00 about ten years ago and its just been sitting in the gun cabinet.
Roy

model 1918

Post by Roy »

I have one that says Remington Armory but it is a Mosin-Nagant made in 1918. They are very long. They were made on contract for Russia. They shoot the 7.62x54R cartridge.
huntermax

Post by huntermax »

I looked it up on the net and saw a picture. It appears to be a mosin-nagant made by remington. The stock has been sporterized but in great shape. Have you ever shot yours. Thanks for the info by the way.
Roy C

model 1918

Post by Roy C »

I have shot mine. The trigger pull is around 9 lbs. It shoots about a 6 inch group at 100yds. Most all ammo is corrosive milsurp stuff. Be sure to clean it real good. I take Windex and spray through mine after shooting it and then clean it real good after getting back home.
I went to the gunshow recently and purchased one made by New England Westinghouse. They were the other American company to manufacture the rifle for Russia.