Reminton 5mm Model 590 Single Shot

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
outlaws Justice

Reminton 5mm Model 590 Single Shot

Post by outlaws Justice »

Has anyone ever seen one, Hard of them, have any pictures or details on this gun? I can find a lot on the 591 and 592, but nothing on the single shot.

I have searched all over and cannot find any information or details, even a call to Remington got me nothing. I found one local that the guy was talking about selling, I was originally not interested since it wasa single shot, but I started looking and now I am intriged.

I would also like to have an idea on what it might be worth as well.

Thanks
John Gyde

Re: Reminton 5mm Model 590 Single Shot

Post by John Gyde »

I have heard of M/590s but never seen one. All of the Rem info we examined showed only the 591 & 592 (pages 290-293 in our book).

The 590s may exist... Or it may be like the M/16 in 22 LR. I have been told of a fair number of them, but when the owners were pinned down they all said the same thing; "Gee, I mis-read the caliber". Page 124 gives info on why M/16 22 LRs were never, I repeat NEVER produced by the factory. I saw one at a gun show a few years ago that had been altered to LR. I tried to explain to the seller that he had a very unsafe rifle. He appeared to be more interested in a sale than safety.
outlaws Justice

Post by outlaws Justice »

This is a factory produced 590 5mm single shot. I will post some pictures of it as soon as I get some. At this point the current owner has made a decision to keep the gun, and I am ok with that, but I will still share the info with the rest of you for future information.
Boom81

Post by Boom81 »

Looking for info. On Remington 5mm magnum rimfire, I have one stamped as model 592m and is a single shot bolt action. Most of this style are tube fed or magazine fed bolts, apparenty single shot in this model is considered a myth or that none left the factory. There is also the base of a 5mm casing welded to the bottom of the barrel, would it come from the factory like this and what is that called? Is anyone on this board a 5mm guru?
Boom81

Post by Boom81 »

Still looking for info. on the Remington 5mm magnum 592m single shot. I would like to talk to someone who knows alot about these rifles.