Rolling Block, New, Custom Shop Version?

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Claydust

Rolling Block, New, Custom Shop Version?

Post by Claydust »

Has anyone seen, shot, own (or owned) one of these and if so, what are your impressions?

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... rifles.asp

I assume the rolling block receiver/action is outsourced?
shot1too

Post by shot1too »

As you have said in the past, RSA is not part of Remington. Here is a link to ask your question on a current production gun;

http://remington.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/r ... BfcGFnZT0z
Dave

Post by Dave »

I have not seen, shot, or owned on of these new production rifles but I have owned and shot an original #1 in 45-70. It was fun to shoot but be ready for plenty of recoil.
HTH
Dave
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

I had one of the first of the re-introduced No. 1 rifles in 45-70. The bluing, case coloring, trigger(s) pull and wood-to-metal fit were excellent. I shot it, but didn't really test it for accuracy.
Claydust

Post by Claydust »

Thanks for the replies.
shot1too wrote:As you have said in the past, RSA is not part of Remington. Here is a link to ask your question on a current production gun;
I could have asked them that, I correspond with the Remington Customer Help site with some frequency, since I shoot their products on clay target ranges every week of the year and follow their developement closely, as well as help out new shooters with issues.

I was looking for impressions from individual shooters who may have owned one, not the company data on it and thought this might be a place where someone who owned one and checked it out might lurk or post.

Info is scarce on them from what I have seen.
shot1too

Post by shot1too »

Claydust

You had a question about where the receivers were made. The best answer to that question will come from Remington Arms. Since you have contact with them regularly, you should have an answer soon. I think your question to the members is more than appropriate and I hope you obtain some information soon.

Loren RSA
Claydust

Re: Rolling Block, New, Custom Shop Version?

Post by Claydust »

I can bleatedly answer part of my own question.

I saw a new Remington, Ilion-made rolling block today at Buffalo Gun Center, Buffalo, NY.

IMHO, it was nicely fit and finished.

The gent behind the counter claimed the entire gun, including the action was made by Remington, I have not substaniated that, though since my interest is more academic than practical since I don't have easy access to a good rifle range.