My second Remington Model 51 .380

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
GregT

My second Remington Model 51 .380

Post by GregT »

The first week of January, I found the first Model 51 here in Hayward, Wi. at a local pawnshop. It is very nice and shoots well. Last week, I found another one in the Hoffman Estates, Cabela's Gun Library. (Hoffman Estates, Illinois). I had never looked over one of these Gun Libraries by way of the Internet and I took some time with it. On about page five or so, was the Model 51, serial number PA6973. Not caliber marked except for magazine, No "Remington" on the right middle frame surface, and a neat little proof mark on the edge of the right trigger guard edge. Grips are perfect and the pistol retains 98% original blue, bright blue on the grip safety. Barrel is as close to new as it can be! Wow! Good thing my blood pressure meds were working when I first picked it up! I would bet this pistol was one of the first off the production line in 1918. (Help with the date would be appreciated). Monday night I do the simple slide assembly removal and cleaning, then lubrication. Will try to get photographs out to my photo site asap. Thanks for any help.
Greg T
Hayward, Wi
Jrpmccoy

Re: My second Remington Model 51 .380

Post by Jrpmccoy »

Yours is a second year production run according to the 1979 Gun Digest. If I get some time I will post the numbers.
GregT

Re: My second Remington Model 51 .380

Post by GregT »

Good morning and thank you for the reply to my earlier note. I apppreciate it very much!
Greg T.
Hayward, Wisconsin