Remington Catalogs

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Ron Merchant

Remington Catalogs

Post by Ron Merchant »

I am a long-time cartridge collector (since 1958), not a gun collector, but perhaps you can help me.

I am compiling a list of all the load types of Remington ammunition by Load Index number for each year of production. The main purpose is to determine interduction and ending dates (according to the catalogs). I have completed the listing from 1936-1985 for Pistol, Revolver, Rifle and Rimfire. (I am not doing shotgun)..

I would appreciate it if anyone having any Remington catalogs from 1986-2004 (I have 2005-2007) could send me scans of the listings of the loads for the above types.

I would also GREATLY appreciate recieving the information from any catalogs older than 1936.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Cartridge Collector since 1958; Life Member of International Ammunition Association (IAA)
Admin. on IAA Forum
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

Ron, How far back do you want to go? To Remington-DuPont or Remington-UMC era?
I have some old catalogs from pre 1920's, also a few newer ones.
I'm not sure the early ones have the Load Index number listed, I'll check if needed, just let us know.
Ron Merchant

Post by Ron Merchant »

Chuck

Thank you for your reply to my request.

I would be interested in the ammunition listing from ANY Remington catalogs you have, especially the the pre-1936 catalogs as far back as you have them. Remington and UMC merged in 1911. Previous to using Index numbers, they used cable (telagraph) codes for each load.

What years do you have available? I will gladly pay for any xerox and postage charges, but would prefer scans sent to my email address if possible.

I am also interest in copies of ANY catalogs, Remington or any other companies that show listing for 8ga and 14ga shotshells. I am trying to make a checklist of all known loading in these gauges. So far I have over 200 8ga. and 150 14ga. listed. These checklists include all companies worldwide.
Cartridge Collector since 1958; Life Member of International Ammunition Association (IAA)
Admin. on IAA Forum
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

Ron, I sent you a private message last week, which I guess you didn't receive. I will have to look up the list of catalogs again. Unfortunately I didn't save a copy.
ChuckD
Ron Merchant

Post by Ron Merchant »

Chuck--I have no idea what happened to the listing you sent previously. I just double checked my PM Inbox and it is empty.

If it would not be TOO much trouble I would greatly appreciate if you could re-compile the list. It sounds like you have quite a bit of catalog info I could use.
Admin. on IAA Forum
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

Ron, I just sent you a private message. I hope this one goes through.
Ron Merchant

Post by Ron Merchant »

Chuck--Nope, just an empty PM In Box. Don't know if the fault is mine or yours or the Forum set-up. Any way, let's try E-Mail instead of PM. My E-mail is "antman1 @ ameritech . net" I have used some spaces to try to keep the spam bots at bay. Just take the spaces out to replyand of course, no quotes.
Admin. on IAA Forum