Remmington Rolling Block

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
billjustbill

Remmington Rolling Block

Post by billjustbill »

I have a rolling block pistol in my posession that I know is not a standard manufacture. This is a target pistol of the .22 cal and has fully adjustable target sights. The barrel is full round and has rifeling in the barrel. By the patents on the barrel I can tell that the barrel came from a Remington bolt action .22 rifle that was made no earlier than 1943. The barrel is held into the receiver by a pin, the receiver is a single piece steel case design that has been 50-70% engraved and plated. The grip has a full pistol frame which looks as if was added to the receiver as most of the rolling block actions only have legs that the grip fits up into. The stock and two piece grips are made from birds eye maple. Inside the gun on the frame is stamped "LKS 5" and "lks" is also engraved near this location.
I have excellent digital pictures if someone would like to veiw this firearm. I would like to be able to identify the maker and get some history of this piece. This gun was purchased at auction but my attempts at contacting the owner have failed as he was not in good health and his wife has not returned phone messages. This is not one of the repro's being sold presently, as I have compared it to all I could find on the net, I believe that it was made by a gunsmith who was interested in rolling block actions by Remington.
Thanks any help would be appreciated!
DavidFagan

Re: Remmington Rolling Block

Post by DavidFagan »

billjustbill wrote:I have a rolling block pistol in my posession that I know is not a standard manufacture. This is a target pistol of the .22 cal and has fully adjustable target sights. The barrel is full round and has rifeling in the barrel. By the patents on the barrel I can tell that the barrel came from a Remington bolt action .22 rifle that was made no earlier than 1943. The barrel is held into the receiver by a pin, the receiver is a single piece steel case design that has been 50-70% engraved and plated. The grip has a full pistol frame which looks as if was added to the receiver as most of the rolling block actions only have legs that the grip fits up into. The stock and two piece grips are made from birds eye maple. Inside the gun on the frame is stamped "LKS 5" and "lks" is also engraved near this location.
I have excellent digital pictures if someone would like to veiw this firearm. I would like to be able to identify the maker and get some history of this piece. This gun was purchased at auction but my attempts at contacting the owner have failed as he was not in good health and his wife has not returned phone messages. This is not one of the repro's being sold presently, as I have compared it to all I could find on the net, I believe that it was made by a gunsmith who was interested in rolling block actions by Remington.
Thanks any help would be appreciated!
I would be more then happy to post any photos you care to share to the gallery.
Please send them to me or remington@remingtonsociety.com
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer