New Model Pocket hand spring issue

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
steak2

New Model Pocket hand spring issue

Post by steak2 »

while shooting my beautiful nickled New Model Pocket , the cylinder failed to advance.Before I start dis-assembly, I am hoping to find detailed maintainance procedures.
Does anyone have a copy that I could beg/borrow? I`d never steal them though ! :lol:
Any help or suggestions appreciated
steak2

Post by steak2 »

I decided that I`d write up my own take down and re-assembly procedures by writing down the steps I took to repair my pistol myself.
I should have just done this to begin with.
My little Beals 3rd Pocket model is back to shooting as it should. While I had it apart, I gave the pistol a very thorough inspection and cleaning.One of this pistol`s former owners had dry fired it at least 3 times causing the rim of three chambers to have slight burrs on them. i carefully filed these down and am totally satisfied at the function of my little pistol.
By attempting to repair your own firearms you will gain an intimate knowledge of your firearm making them more valuable to you, save yourself some substantial money that can be used to buy more ammunition or whatever, and most of all , gain more self-respect and confidence in your abilities to tackle future problems.
Take your time, use common sense and be sure you are practicing safe gunhandling habits by ensuring they are un-loaded before you start.

not only that....I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico...