MODEL 51 POCKET PISTOL

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
STEVE BROWN

MODEL 51 POCKET PISTOL

Post by STEVE BROWN »

I HAVE A MODEL 51 REM. POCKET PISTOL . FROM ALL THE BOOKS I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH I CAN'T FIND A NEW IN THE BOX PRICE . AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE. THE BOX IS IN BAD CONDITION FROM HANDLING, BUT THE GUN IS NEW AND HAS NOT BEEN FIRED, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. strtrdmn@cs.com
chucha

Post by chucha »

Steve - "unfired" is the same as "untested". Out of the kindness of my heart I will give you 50 bucks for your old, untested, unfashionable "51". I'll even throw in a couple of extra bucks if you have some ammo, hang tags, shipping invoices, etc....

cha :D
DavidFagan

Re: MODEL 51 POCKET PISTOL

Post by DavidFagan »

STEVE BROWN wrote:I HAVE A MODEL 51 REM. POCKET PISTOL . FROM ALL THE BOOKS I HAVE LOOKED THROUGH I CAN'T FIND A NEW IN THE BOX PRICE . AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE. THE BOX IS IN BAD CONDITION FROM HANDLING, BUT THE GUN IS NEW AND HAS NOT BEEN FIRED, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. strtrdmn@cs.com
I saw one new in the box recently for sale, I don't remember exactly it was 5?? maybe 595.
I don't think that's far off the mark either way.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
pbabic@cfl.rr.com

model 51

Post by pbabic@cfl.rr.com »

Awful Nice of the gentleman to offer $50.00 That must be a Michigan
thing. According to the Gun Traders Guide Twenty Sixth Edition
The "51" you're referring to is valued @$750.00 New in Box for the
.32 ACP or $650.00 New in Box for .380ACP
You can Pick up the book at any Wal-Mart Sporting Goods Dept.
you'll find it on page 134 bottom right corner of the page.
chucha

Post by chucha »

Okay, I didn't go "nudge, nudge, wink, wink". It was a bogus offer. I'm not a gentleman. I hang out in a swamp. And, where would I get my hands on fifty dollars? Cheeezzze!

taa, cha :wink:

Post by Guest »

From what I've seen of internet prices, I'd say that the $500 +/- range is quite acurate.

Here's a link to one on Guns America:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976404827.htm

I have two of these pistols. One in .32 and one in .380. Both have rather worn finishes, but relatively nice bores. I have two extra magazines for each gun. I had a gun shop offer me $120 for the pair, with all the magazines + three Para Ordinance 13 round magazines. Must be related to chucha. :?
vdegrazia

Model 51

Post by vdegrazia »

Are the small parts of the firearm "fire blue"? If you want to sell it, e mail me some pics and maybe we can do business. How bad is the box?

Vic D vdegrazia@comcast.net