Remington Model 41-P .22 Manufactured July 1936 -- Missing Rear Sight Elevation Screw

Sign the guestbook
WinPlaceShow

Remington Model 41-P .22 Manufactured July 1936 -- Missing Rear Sight Elevation Screw

Post by WinPlaceShow »

Greetings:

I purchased The Targetmaster Model 41-P for my teenage son last year. It was manufactured in July 1936. He lost the pivot screw for the rear sight. It is the black pan-head screw designed for a slotted screwdriver on the far left (see photo). I too the rifle to the hardware store and we could not find one that fit. Does anyone know the specs for this screw?

Thank you, John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChuckD

Re: Remington Model 41-P .22 Manufactured July 1936 -- Missing Rear Sight Elevation Screw

Post by ChuckD »

John, I believe Remington peep sites from the 30's would be the same. My 341-P uses an extra peep aperture as a rear adjusting screw.
If original the peep from your site should screw into the hole. However, if there was a slotted screw in there the threads might be crossed.
If original, finding a replacement might be a problem. Good luck.
WinPlaceShow

Re: Remington Model 41-P .22 Manufactured July 1936 -- Missing Rear Sight Elevation Screw

Post by WinPlaceShow »

Thank you. I appreciate your response. Unfortunately, the photo that I attached to my post did not upload and post. It was in fact the slotted screw.
Again, thanks for your time and insights into my inquiry.