Remington is dead and the Remington Society is dying

Patbar

Remington is dead and the Remington Society is dying

Post by Patbar »

Remington as been one of the most famous gun manufacturer of the United States and has been at the origin of numerous novelties ans inventions. Sadly, the firm no longer exists, but its memory deserves to survive and as a French man, I wonder why the Remington Society is so barely alive ! The new threads on this forum are rather rare and the contributions to these threads as as much rare.

How come ?
malsop

Re: Remington is dead and the Remington Society is dying

Post by malsop »

Patbar

First let me start with some good news that Remington is not dead. Yes Remington Arms was sold in bankruptcy however The Round Hill Group purchased the Remington branded firearms manufacturing and started Rem Arms. Rem Arms is manufacturing some models in Illion New York plant and are planning on opening another plant in Georgie.

Remington ammunition was sold to the Vista Group along with the patents, copyrights and the Remington licensed name. the Vista Group had been in full production of the ammunition as well as licensed products.

The Remington Society is very much alive with over 500+ members. Membership in the Remington Society includes a quarterly journal along with activities like members meeting and a annual historical seminar. Membership applications can be found on the website

Please be advised that the forum is just one of our many activities that is maintained voluntary and is open to the public.

Sincerely
Mike Alsop
Vice President & Seminar Coordinator
Remington Society of America
Patbar

Post by Patbar »

Thank you Mike for these good news regarding Rem Arms. Alas, living in France, I don't have access to such things as members meetingz or historical seminars.

So, as a collector of Remington antique firearms, my only link with people sharing the same interest is this forum and I wish it was a bit more lively.

Best regards

Pat
Discus420

Post by Discus420 »

Seems the society is pretty much dead by the reply's i see
I made a post in general discussion got 70 views and zero reply's
not exactly thriving
malsop

Post by malsop »

Patbar

Yes I know our forum is not as lively as most would like but please know that this is all done on a voluntary basis.

I understand living in France would exclude you from our members meeting and historical seminars, however our quarterly journal would be a good link to our membership who enjoy sharing their collecting interest and knowledge in the articles of each journal.

If I can help out any other way please feel free to contact me

Mike Alsop
malsop73@gmail.com
malsop

Post by malsop »

Discus420

I am sorry for your frustration but please know this forum is completely done on a voluntary basis and some inquires may take longer to receive a response.

Mike Alsop
Discus420

A Remington you will not see again!!!!

Post by Discus420 »

https://americansocietyofarmscollectors ... Denver.pdf

A REMINGTON YOU WILL NOT SEE AGAIN PICS HERE https://photos.app.goo.gl/W2V1coxjutX5zw6N6

Jack Haugh- Gove- Remington #5 .40-90 Sharps underlever
REMINGTONS ILION N.Y. U.S.A.
PAT MAY 3RD NOV 15TH 1864 April 17TH 1866
Custom made by the Master Gunsmith Jack Haugh before he passed but remains UNFIRED and in 100% NRA Excellant condition

remember it will not be posted until May 7th This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a Brand New Jack Haugh Rifle!!! https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/ ... -7-26-2023

History of the gun can be found here https://americansocietyofarmscollectors ... Denver.pdf

History of the Master Gunsmith Jack Haugh can be found here http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/ ... ghest.html

This gun will sell for HALF PRICE on May the 7th at the https://auctions.thegunrunner.com/lots/ ... -7-26-2023 PLEASE IGNOR THE "SOLD FOR 240$" JUST A MISPRINT

Comes with a full box of ammo which is still available at Buffalo Arms : they also have dies and brass available

cal: .40/90 Sharps; single-shot; barrel: 33" octagonal; checkered walnut stocks; case hardened receiver; double set triggers; barrel marked " J.T. Haugh Milan, IND; sn: n/a; Jack Haugh is considered by many to be the top in his field; estimated value: $8,000-$10,000 Built to shoot BPCR competition

I have seen my share of fine American custom rifles; Jack Haugh was in class with the brightest and best. There is a book titled: Jack T. Haugh - Fit & Finish to the Highest Degree. He made a name for himself as a builder of fine muzzleloading firearms, exclusive cartridge rifles, and as a restoration artist of fine European firearms. At the 2007 annual meeting of the Contemporary Longrifle Association held in Lexington, Kentucky, Jack was recognized as one of the forerunners of the contemporary movement and was bestowed with the coveted CLA Distinguished Service Award. Ask any person involved with the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association about Jack Haugh. Mr. Haugh was one of the best in America to ever lay hands on both muzzleloading and cartridge guns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AZMike

Post by AZMike »

IMG_1297.JPG
I am a long time Remington collector, fairly short time forum/computor driver and a brand new RSA member!
Kathleen and I have our reservations made for the Cody Seminar. I am hoping to meet fellow Remington Shotgun Buds, I like to shoot them too!
Many thanks to Mike Alsop for his time and encouraging explanation about the RSA and past adventures.
Mike in AZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.