Ken Rucker’s Bump-Buster Stock and Forearm

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
dhenzler

Ken Rucker’s Bump-Buster Stock and Forearm

Post by dhenzler »

I am working on installing Ken Rucker’s Bump-Buster Stock and Forearm on a 1985 vintage 1100. The original barrel had a Poly Choke, so was replaced in 2019 with a "Target Contour" barrel. All went well until I tried sliding the forend on to the gun. The forend support is not inletted into the Carbon Fiber part. I'm curious if the forend support is really required or what purpose it serves in a situation like this. If the forend was flopping around I could understand why this would be required. But as tight fitting as it is... I am not sure it serves any purpose.

Were the 1100 Competition Shotguns fitted with a forend support ? Did Remington get a special forend that was inletted for the support ?

The original wood forend is in mint condition. Inspecting the inletting I find that it is pretty loose. If that is so non-critical... why bother having the forend support at all? This part is not easily removed. Or I would take it off.
Ruckers.png
Ruckers.png (225.31 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Attachments
Ruckers_fe.png
Ruckers_fe.png (88.73 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Virginian

Re: Ken Rucker’s Bump-Buster Stock and Forearm

Post by Virginian »

As long as the fore end fits snug, you can get by without the fore end support. The LW/LT 20s do not employ a fore end support.
What could have happened... did.
dhenzler

Post by dhenzler »

Thanks for the info...
I looked the two forends over and determined that it should work. I carefully compressed the forend support and got the forend to slide on...

Urah!

Gonna change the springs now... to light... Federal Game load only gave partial compression (about half) on the piston. You could see an oil mark... worth a try

Medium
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

If not using it, I would remove it. Liable to bind on the action bars.
What could have happened... did.