Loading the Remington Model 25 Rifle

Sign the guestbook
nicknfla2

Loading the Remington Model 25 Rifle

Post by nicknfla2 »

I have just purchased a Remington Model 25 Rifle in 25-20 caliber. In case someone should ask the serial number is 25777 and on the left side of the barrel is stamped Dxx3. I am trying to figure out how to load this rifle. On the right side of the gun is a flip open part and inside you can see a tubulure spring loaded part. I have tried to put a bullet into this tube and push it up into the magazine. When I release the bullet the tube pushes it back almost into the receiver. While doing this it also pushes the lead jacketed bullet back into the brass case. Only a little of the lead bullet is now visible. I can cycle the bullet okay but the same thing happens when I try to load another bullet. I can't find a video on YOUTUBE that shows how to load this rifle.

Since posting this video I have contacted a gunsmith and explained to him what is going on whenever I try to load this rifle. He has determined that the bullets I have are reloads and they were not crimped properly. I tried a newer box of factory loads by Winchester and was able to load the gun without any trouble of having the bullet pushed back into the brass casing. This rifle is very easy to load at this point and I'm not having anymore trouble with this problem.