Surge in Prices?

sp45

Surge in Prices?

Post by sp45 »

With the recent woes at Remington has anyone seen a surge in prices of collectible firearms.
Oscarflytyer

Re: Surge in Prices?

Post by Oscarflytyer »

Not a Rem, but a '73 JM Marlin Texan levergun. cpl yrs ago, maybe $350/$450 tops. NOW, on GB, over $800-$900 (and auctions not over). Nuts!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Based on the recent surge of firearm sales (and ammo sales) I wouldn't take anything as a long term trend.
ATF estimates 35 million firearm sales this year, crazy Illinois will account for around 5 million of that.
Being Illinois starts off with a 6-8 month wait for a license (FOID), 2021 isn't going to be better.
dieNusse1

Post by dieNusse1 »

Just applied for our FOID card renewals - may take forever but the application should be good for the duration. Took 4 months for my CCL but that was just before Corona.

Shelves are bare for most reloading supplies. Good that I stocked up before the troubles and I was able to find a few thousand W209s in time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dieNusse1 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:33 pm Just applied for our FOID card renewals - may take forever but the application should be good for the duration. Took 4 months for my CCL but that was just before Corona.

Shelves are bare for most reloading supplies. Good that I stocked up before the troubles and I was able to find a few thousand W209s in time.
My FOID and CCL took over 10 months for renewals, new are somewhat faster.
After 3 months (I called the house rep) should have done that sooner for mine, within 2 weeks both times I had them. Squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say.
aardq

Post by aardq »

There is no way to know if any increase in prices is due to a rising collector value, or a result of all the panic buying that's happening. We'll have a better idea in a year or so.

Daniel
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

My opinion........

Prices?
I wonder which direction they will go when the manufacturers are put out of business.....and all of the "registered" (and unregistered) firearms are confiscated.....and all the "registered" firearms owners (in whatever states that applies to) are visited by the authorities to make sure there are no "illegal" firearms still in their possession.....and the 2nd Amendment is no longer a protection of our rights.
If none of that actually happens, they'll just tax the Hell out of whatever firearms are still owned (including any and all ammunition and loading components).

If you rush out and buy them now, the "paper trail" will still be there for awhile......long enough for them to be able to find you......

If you have any, I'd suggest keeping them for protection against the mobs that will be roaming the country for who knows how long!!!
And, stock up on ammunition for them in the mean time.

Have a Happy New Year!

Den