ID This Rem? 870 Style Trigger Assembly Please?

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
DenverDuck

ID This Rem? 870 Style Trigger Assembly Please?

Post by DenverDuck »

Hello, can anybody ID This Rem? 870 Style Trigger Assembly Please?
Note that there is no safety button, made of steel, there is some kind of safety bar that hooks over a notch on the hammer on the left side.

Many thanks..... Duck
RemTriggerguard - 3.jpg
RemTriggerguard - 3.jpg (91.72 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
RemTriggerguard - 2.jpg
RemTriggerguard - 2.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
RemTriggerguard - 1.jpg
RemTriggerguard - 1.jpg (110.41 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
Wulfman

Re: ID This Rem? 870 Style Trigger Assembly Please?

Post by Wulfman »

DenverDuck wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am Hello, can anybody ID This Rem? 870 Style Trigger Assembly Please?
Note that there is no safety button, made of steel, there is some kind of safety bar that hooks over a notch on the hammer on the left side.

Many thanks..... Duck

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's some sort of "release" trigger. They were used quite a bit in trap shooting. In my years of trap shooting, it always seemed contradictory to "release" the trigger when you wanted the gun to fire rather than "pull" the trigger in normal fashion. Consequently, I never explored them for my own use.
There were a number of companies that made their own versions of them and many had some variations in appearance.
Just do an Internet search on "Remington 870 release trigger" and start sifting through what you find.

Den

Virginian

Re: ID This Rem? 870 Style Trigger Assembly Please?

Post by Virginian »

Yep, that looks like a release trigger. Don't have a clue what brand. If I remember right Timney used to stamp their logo on theirs.
What could have happened... did.