XP-100

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Gaffer

XP-100

Post by Gaffer »

I own two XP-100,s and tonight was the first time that I noticed the'Trigger balance" device. What is its purpose and is there any trick to installing it and can the gun be used without it. My silhouette gun was used by another sil shooter and I do not recall ever seeing the balance device in it and it has a fantastic trigger. It is in 7mm International and he was a nut about triggers so perhaps that is why there was not one there . The other is in the 221 Fireball and tonight was the first time I had it out of the stock. So my curiosity is now peaked and I hope some one here can enlighten me. Thanks,
Gaffer

Re: XP-100

Post by Gaffer »

Well I contacted Remington repair and asked them about the trigger balance. I asked them if they would explain it purpose etc. All I got back was a terse reply saying they do not recommend shooting any Remington product with out all the parts being in place. They also gave me the name of a gun shop in NH that would repair etc.
Will someone point me to some forum that has a handle on this phenomenon?
Inquiring minds would like to know. Thanks!
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm with you Gaffer. I'd like to know more about the trigger balance too.
Gaffer

Post by Gaffer »

I also asked on the IHMSA Forum and got this reply:"George , the original factory trigger in the XP100 did have the counter balance it apparently was supposed to help avoid accidently setting the gun off on dropping. It was to keep the attorneys happy. Most of us found that it was unnecessary and just took it out. I
It has nothing to do with how the trigger works or feels."

At least they were good enough to reply. It is pretty much as I suspected, the legal eagles trying to circumvent the carelessness of idiots. We have become so liability PC that common sense and safety are a thing of the past.