model 95 derringer

petcity

model 95 derringer

Post by petcity »

Just purchased double barrel derringer s/n L99 496 the gun appears to be gold plated with ivory grips and among the last few made. Any info about this gun will be appreciated. I really hope it is not a copy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by petcity on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: model 95 derringer

Post by admin »

petcity wrote:Just purchased double barrel derringer s/n L99 496 the gun appears to be gold plated with ivory grips and among the last few made. Any info about this gun will be appreciated. I really hope it is not a copy. I have pictures but can't load for lack of knowledge.
Well if you just scroll down from the post area there's a

Filename: and then a browse button, click it find it, the click the add the file. The limit is set to 5 and I recommend width's at 600 if you want it to "fit" but whatever works.

That is close to the end, the date code is stamped on the locking lug under the barrel you can check this on the manufactured date page. It's probably early 30's. They went from L99,999 back to L7500? and up to L76118.

One big sign of a refinished is the top of the barrel, the lettering and the sharpness of the edges, please include that picture and also with grips removed.
admin
Site Admin

Re: model 95 derringer

Post by admin »

Sorry I thought I had it set at 5 not 3, I'll go change that.

The derringer isn't a copy but it's unquestionably refinished. I'd need better photo on the grips to see if they are possibly original but original ivories are very thin, I've never see "Aftermarket" ivories that are thin like originals.