remington model 51 nickel

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
grizzly10x22

remington model 51 nickel

Post by grizzly10x22 »

I recently picked up a Remington model 52 in nickel, it looks like it just came out of the box I did some searching and found out it has 9 serrations on slide serial number is in the 14thousand range. the nickel finish looks to be factory as the markings are so clear and there appears to be almost no wear. how many nickel model 51 did Remington make .i couldn't figure out how to insert pictures I will try to figure it out and post a pic if I can. I am thanking you in advance grizzly10x22 forgot it is 380acp
admin
Site Admin

Re: remington model 51 nickel

Post by admin »

grizzly10x22 wrote:I recently picked up a Remington model 52 in nickel, it looks like it just came out of the box I did some searching and found out it has 9 serrations on slide serial number is in the 14thousand range. the nickel finish looks to be factory as the markings are so clear and there appears to be almost no wear. how many nickel model 51 did Remington make .i couldn't figure out how to insert pictures I will try to figure it out and post a pic if I can. I am thanking you in advance grizzly10x22 forgot it is 380acp
Right below where you entered this, it says upload attachment...
grizzly10x22

Post by grizzly10x22 »

lets try pic again I am not very computer literate sorry if I am being a little slow in learning.
Attachments
nov222013gbroker 029.JPG
nov222013gbroker 029.JPG (146.58 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
grizzly10x22

Post by grizzly10x22 »

I shot the Remington model 51 for the first time yesterday ( well the second time if you count test firing in my garage) at 10 yards I was a bit disappointed with the accuracy even taking into account the lack of what you would call sights, it did keep all the shots into about 6 inches but I think I need to shoot it more and really run it through its paces. I was shooting a hand load consisting of a Lyman 100 gr cast bullet and a pinch of byse. maybe next time it will do better. grizz
grizzly10x22

Post by grizzly10x22 »

I was hoping for more information on nickel Remington model 51 pistol. I cant find information that there ever was a nickel model 51. anyone have any information they could share on numbers made. I am also buying one in 32 acp and blue. the more I handle them the more I fall in love with these little pistols. I know there has to be someone out there who has some information. thanks in advance
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you sent mail and fill out the research form?

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/research/Model51
grizzly10x22

Post by grizzly10x22 »

I did that a long time ago but never heard anything back. I have a couple blue ones that I am gona list them soon. I kinda thought if I showed them mine they would show me there's. that kinda sounds like kids behind the barn.
DavidFagan

Post by DavidFagan »

Hum that's odd, need to follow that up then.

I just sold my new in the box 32, got to pay those college costs...
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Dave

Post by Dave »

I don't believe the factory ever made a Remington model 51 in nickel. The Blue Book Of Gun Values states a "black finish" as the only option.
HTH
grizzly10x22

Post by grizzly10x22 »

I am getting mixed information. I have heard from others that they had a nickel model 51 and theirs like mine looked to be factory and not aftermarket. I do know that Remington didn't seem to keep very good records. if it is not factory someone really did a good job of protecting all the markings on the little pistol. there have been several on the net. grizz
Georgia Guy

Post by Georgia Guy »

grizzly10x22 wrote:lets try pic again I am not very computer literate sorry if I am being a little slow in learning.
Grizzly, I too have a nickel plated 51 and if it's not factory done, it's the best plating job I've ever seen. I posted this looking for information like you were and was never able to get an answer from Remington.

My personal opinion was back when these pistols were being made, Remington was small enough that people could make a finishing request when placing an order. I believe people could order direct from the factory back then but I may be wrong on that.

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/forums/ ... f=3&t=4881