KM Rolling Block Markings

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
tanpatsu

KM Rolling Block Markings

Post by tanpatsu »

Hello...
George Layman here. My original computer went out on me and had to re-register with new Ids etc...In any case, just wanted to let the Military Rolling Block fans know that Im getting close to figuring out the KM cartouches found on the very early Egyptian Model RBs in the 1869-70 period, and through a statistical survey of the mere dozen I know of, seems to have a Franco-Prussian War period connection. That is, all those known thus far are indeed with the concave breech-block (pre August 1870) and have the early April 17, 1866 patent ending on the tang. However, I have just obtained another KM marked example with no Arabic markings (some are seen with, some without), BUT this particular rifle has the KM marked on the left side of each barrel band, which is a first time observance for myself. Primarily I would like know if anyone else has seen or has, a KM marked RB with this puzzling feature. All those KM marked pieces examined thus far have had the Turkish Star and Crescent on all three barrel bands. There is very slight wood shrinkage on this latest acquisition, but none of the typical wear from the deserts natural sandblasting of time. I would certainly appreciate any feedback regarding those having a KM cartouche. By the way I'm no longer in Connecticut and have since moved to Florida this past August......Thanking you all in advance
G