Rider Derringer, missing magazine

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
wmower

Rider Derringer, missing magazine

Post by wmower »

I have a rider magazine pistol in excellent shape, but am missing the magazine. :( This pistol uses 32cal extra short, and the magazine apparently slides into the chamber below the oxtagon barrel, with some sort of spring inside, but I have never seen one so only going by what I have been told. Does anyone know where I can go to get another one of these, or do I need to have one made from scratch? Thanks for any advice.
DavidFagan

Re: Rider Derringer, missing magazine

Post by DavidFagan »

I've NEVER seen one for sale by itself, it's either buy a beater or make one, I've seen a replacement before but it certainly looked like it was made one of a kind. Try the parts link but that'll be a tough one to replace.
wmower wrote:I have a rider magazine pistol in excellent shape, but am missing the magazine. :( This pistol uses 32cal extra short, and the magazine apparently slides into the chamber below the oxtagon barrel, with some sort of spring inside, but I have never seen one so only going by what I have been told. Does anyone know where I can go to get another one of these, or do I need to have one made from scratch? Thanks for any advice.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer