Remington Model 12 .22 Cal Rifle

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Lthl_Shooter

Remington Model 12 .22 Cal Rifle

Post by Lthl_Shooter »

I am just picked this gun up last night. I am pretty excited since its the oldest gun in my collection. I have been reading up a lot and trying to find out the date of manufacture. I got mislead after reading up and looking at the dates stamped on the barrel. I am pretty sure this is a model 12C but with the serial number being in the 808,xxx it leads me to believe this is a gun from the 20's or 30's. Can anyone confirm the date of manufacture?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remington Model 12 .22 Cal Rifle

Post by admin »

Lthl_Shooter

Post by Lthl_Shooter »

Just out of curiosity how did you locate the date? I searched thru alot of sites and alot of posts on this forum trying to find that answer myself.
Thanks,
Josh
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lthl_Shooter

Post by Lthl_Shooter »

:mrgreen: Thank you very much! It is greatly appreciated. Do you know anything other than just the year? Like month by chance?
Lthl_Shooter

Post by Lthl_Shooter »

Also is there anyway to improve on the sights on this gun without taking away the value of it? The sight on the tip of the barrel is very fine and almost hard to see. I was thinking about getting a high visibility paint like bright red or something to put a dot on the sight. I am just curious what others may have done.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lthl_Shooter wrote::mrgreen: Thank you very much! It is greatly appreciated. Do you know anything other than just the year? Like month by chance?
It's date code stamped, what's the letters?

https://www.remingtonsociety.org/manufacture-dates/