Model 51 - need a measurement please!!!

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
sclev-model51

Model 51 - need a measurement please!!!

Post by sclev-model51 »

I hope this isn't a duplicate post - searched for this but couldn't find an answer so thus the new topic.

My Grandfather returned from WWII with a Remington Model 51 pistol. Throughout the years, the grips deteriorated and eventually crumbled. I was given the gun by my father a couple of months ago, and have started to look into replacements. I have found that, unfortunately during storage, the Stock Plates were lost. Yikes!

I am getting ready to have Stock Plates made, and am going to create custom grips using birdseye maple. I cannot find information about the thickness of the Stock Plates anywhere. Does anyone know how thick the metal should be? I did find a site that shows me the design of the Stock Plate, just not the thickness.

Any help would be appreciated!!! I hope to get the gun back in good shape and display (and use occassionaly) as a nice family heirloom.

Sorry if this information is on the board already - I searched but couldn't find any previous posts.
sclev-model51

Re: Model 51 - need a measurement please!!!

Post by sclev-model51 »

Nevermind - found a location that provides reproductions of the plates. I'll measure them, however, and provide details upon receipt in case anyone wants the information.
Steven Swope

Post by Steven Swope »

Send the measurements or other info to email at

safetyforme@yahoo.com

Tks

Merry X-Mas to U & ur's and HNY in 2016 !!!
raylightbender

Post by raylightbender »

I am looking for a source for a pair of Remington model 51 pistol stock plates and rivets. has anyone have a source?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

raylightbender wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:10 pm I am looking for a source for a pair of Remington model 51 pistol stock plates and rivets. has anyone have a source?
Try triplek but (unfortunately) they sometimes list things they don't have :roll:
raylightbender

Post by raylightbender »

Thank you for the lead but there site did not show any but I sent them an email asking for there help
Steven Swope

Post by Steven Swope »

Try here ...

https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify. ... -2-buttons..

Manuf Info.----

Reproduction

This part is manufactured of high quality tool steel and heat-treated to precise specifications in our Midwest facility, using an original factory part for duplication. Some parts may need additional fitting to accommodate wear in old firearms.