Beal's Seccond model pocket revolver

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
dave j

Beal's Seccond model pocket revolver

Post by dave j »

]I have a splended, what I belive is a Beal's Second Model Revolver. Patent nos June 24 '56 and May 25 '57. I am not certain wha t a 2-piece Gutta Percha grip is. Can anyone explain? By the way the revoler is in it's orginal box with powder horn.[/b]
gmaque

Post by gmaque »

Dave
Gutta Purcha is an early form of plastic. It was used by many manufacturers (Colt, S&W, etc) for grips. Two piece grips refers to there being two seperate grips on the gun, one on the left side and one on the right. Usually held together and in place by a screw that passes through one grip and screws into the other thus squeezing the grips together on the frame. Hope this helps
George
RSA
gmaque@aol.com
DavidFagan

Re: Beal's Seccond model pocket revolver

Post by DavidFagan »

dave j wrote:]I have a splended, what I belive is a Beal's Second Model Revolver. Patent nos June 24 '56 and May 25 '57. I am not certain wha t a 2-piece Gutta Percha grip is. Can anyone explain? By the way the revoler is in it's orginal box with powder horn.[/b]
That's doesn't sound like a second model it souds like a first. A first has a trigger guard a second will has a spur trigger. To determine which variation need exact writing on topstrap and shape of pawl.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Mike Strietbeck

Beals Revolver

Post by Mike Strietbeck »

If it has a trigger guard, it is a 1st Model (one of five variations)
If it has a spur trigger without a loading lever it is a second model
If it has a spur trigger with a loading lever it is a third model

Mike Strietbeck
Particular interest is in Revolving rifles, Cane rifles, hand guns, and all Remington knives. Conducting survey on revolving rifles, please request survey form.