More specific assembly instructions for Model 51

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Chris H

More specific assembly instructions for Model 51

Post by Chris H »

Can anyone provide more (very) specific assembly instructions for the Model 51? If possible pictures or sketches or drawlings of the hammer, disconnector, sear, and sear lock as they go back in.
Disassembly went OK. Judging from the ammount of crap on the inside and the condition of the grips I think the prevous owner(s) never cleaned the internals because they did not how to properly take it apart. It functions well but with a very very stiff trigger pull when I tested it at the range. I am following a copy of the Remington Field Service manual which basically the same information that is on the Society web site (link posted in 2006 for assembly / disassembly posted by Admin) and compared that to what I have on hand. The pictures on the website were clearer, but I think I'm missing something. I believe I am having trouble with the trigger, disconnector, hammer, sear, and sear lock connecting properly. I evidently did not take enough time to memorize the exact realtions of the different parts when I took it apart. Now I'm not sure correct looks like. I have the internal parts in the frame but stopped assembly when trying to put the grip safety in place and putting the magazine in and attempting to pull the trigger. I couldn't get the hammer to move. I had difficulty getting the sear in. I remounted the parts several times and if I'm doing it wrong I'm repeating the same incorrect steps.
If your response is to large to post please e-mail me at christopher.hoguet@us.army.mil.
Thank You,
Chris Hoguet