Stripper Clips for Remington Model 8

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know where I can find some? I have a few pictures from the Internet of them and wish to purchase a few.
hardrada55

clips

Post by hardrada55 »

Bob Creamer used to have some. I bought a couple from him years ago, so he might not have any. I purchased two several years ago off the internet. Two just sold recently on eBay, one for $29 and the other for $36! Pricey. You might check with Erick Hutchins of Old Town Maine.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the help. Do you have any contact information for these gentlemen? I figured it would be pricey, but I am still very interested in these clips. I have also been trying to acquire an R6 Marbles sight and see a few of them on e-bay. Also Pricey!
creamer10@comcast.net

Model 8 Stripper Clips

Post by creamer10@comcast.net »

I saw my name referred for the stripper clips. I do not have any for sell at this time. They are pretty hard to come by. I do have some stripper clips that do not have the spring to hold the shells into the clip. They are new and as I understand it came from the Remington factory many years ago when they unloaded their inventory of parts for the model 8 as they no longer would support repairs etc. Supposedly they turned over parts to a one or more gun smiths that they would then refer a customer to who needed a model 8 repaired. I purchased these from the estate of one such gunsmith. If you are interested let me know by emailing me at creamer10@comcast.net. The other suggestion of contacting gunsmith Eric Hutchins in Maine was a good one. The last phone number I had for him was (207)394-2541

Model 8 Stripper Clips

Post by Guest »

Many thanks for the help. I truely appreciate this site and its people. I am contacting you via e-mail. If anyone else has any suggestions please post them here.

Remington Model 8 Stripper Clips

Post by Guest »

Many thanks to Bob Creamer , but unfortunately his stipper clip parts are for 35 rem / 300 sav and I need the 25/30/32 rem clips. Please if anyone has one or knows where one is, please contact me.