Remington model 1911

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
windybill

Remington model 1911

Post by windybill »

I have a Remington model 1911, serial #36xx, appears to be original, 60% finish, all markings are sharp. Inspector marks are correctly placed, with flap holster dated 1917. Plan to sell, interested in any info on the value.
DavidFagan

Re: Remington model 1911

Post by DavidFagan »

It's really impossible to determine a value by a description only, even with pictures nothing still beats a gun in hand. Your best bet is to look on gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com for a like condition gun and watch for sales if you don't want to take is somewhere. However (in my opinion) a 60% blue Remington 1911 from 1917/1918 is likely into the $3,000 range it's probably worth bringing it to a professional for a gun in hand appraisal.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
windybill

Post by windybill »

Thanks Much for your input. I live in SW New Mexico, 5 hour drive from anywhere so it is a big deal to show the pistol to someone who knows the details. I work for a firearms manufactuer, we make a single shot rifle and a single shot pistol but nobody around here seems to have the knowledge I need. Not in a rush to sell so I guess I'll just wait and watch for some more input. Will try to get some photos, I'm between cameras right now. Thanks Again.
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

The Blue Book of Gun Values lists a 60% original blue finish at $2,000.
Notice the key is "original blue".