Remington warranty gripe

Sign the guestbook
Tommy Kelly

Remington warranty gripe

Post by Tommy Kelly »

Well this is my first post on this forum. But here goes I recently returned a stock to remington because it had cracked. The crack was small and ran from the front action screw to the checkering. About 1" long this rifle caliber is the 338 remington ultra mag. I bought after hunting season last year. This rifle has a really stiff recoil so I figured this is what caused the crack. I noticed it before I went to deer camp so I didn't take it with me. I have neunerous other deer rifles mostly remingtons so I just set it aside and took another rifle. When I returned from the hunt I went out and purchased a composite stock and one of the new remington R3 recoil pads.I replaced the wood stock with the composite one and and put the wooden stock in the box that the composite stock came in. I returned it to remington for warranty. I mailed the stock on Feb.8 2005. today I recieved a quotation from remington on the cost to replace this stock of $216.85 . This rifle doesn't even have the jeweling worn on the bolt body no blueing ware it has the engraved receiver and floorplate. I take really good care of my firearms. But the technician's comments part of the quote states the condition as worn and marred and also Problem Notes Stock approximately 25 years old. I sent in the S/N on the return letter with the stock. I have collected guns all of my life and love them and take extremelly good care of them. I have a benelli super Black Eagle that I have hunted with for 4 years and shot about 40 cases of shells through that you could put on the gun rack beside a brand new one and couldn't tell which gun had been used. That is the kind of care all my guns receive. When I took this stock off the rifle and mailed it it was in great shape except for the crack. I think remington really should stand behind their product better than this. I am a VERY UPSET CUSTOMER. But tomorrow I will call remington and talk to them, they were closed today by the time I checked my mail. But I didn't know that remington used 25 year old wood on their new rifles
    Huber Jay

Gripe

Post by Huber Jay »

Not much we can do for you. Keep after them. If you can't get if fixed there go to the Remington site and look up SPECIALTY GUN PARTS AND REPAIR SERVICE on the Remington Web site remington .com. Scan down the dealers and see who handles parts for your gun and contact them. Jay huber RSA huber4447@bellsouth.net.
    kcoop9999

Warranty Problems

Post by kcoop9999 »

Sorry to here of a long time Remington customer getting this kind of treatment!! I do know for a fact that Ruger treats their cusomers much better. I was an idiot and dpopped my Super Blackhawk and cracked the grip. I wrote a letter to their customer service Dept. with my problem and asked where I could purchase a new set of OEM grips. Their reply stated that Brownells carries the grips. Two days later, before I could drive to Brownells HQ in Montzeuma, IA(about 30 miles) A package arrived from Ruger,it contained a new set of grips(a $47.00 value), and a letter thanking me for being a customer. Not only did they save me the cost of a new set of grips, but the drive up the road, all from a small problem that was my own fault, and thanked ME to boot!

I guess if a company gets too large, they figure one unhappy customer won't make much of a difference! I also own several Remington arms and empithize with your. Maybe someone at this society should show this reply to the folks at Remington??
    rem141

Post by rem141 »

How about a little more information about your initial communications with the factory, and are you the first owner of the gun. Did they ask you to remove the stock and send it or did they ask you to send the gun? What was their response to your to your first request?