Remington Arms Limited Edition Print

Sign the guestbook
wildthang

Remington Arms Limited Edition Print

Post by wildthang »

I have a question if there is any one who can help me out. I recently aquired a "Remington Limited Edition " print the name of the print is "Mourning Dove in Texas". I can not make out the artist name. The picture is of two hunters in the background with doves flying in the foreground. Size is approx. 15"x18". If any one knows or has any info. that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, wildthang[/b]
DavidFagan

Frederic Remington

Post by DavidFagan »

I know there is/was an artist that named Frederic Remington who puts out limited edition prints,
statues , etc all I've ever seen is cowboy stuff. I seem to remember a huge wild signature but
I can't find any examples... A signed print would be worth real money, maybe lots of it.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer

Post by Guest »

The artist name isn't Remington. It is almost hidden in the picture, seems to be maybe "khun" so hidden I can't really make it out. Underneath the print is says: Remington Arms Limited Edition Print. The name of the print is underneath that and it is "Mourning Dove in Texas". Any other suggestions? I've searched the net and can't seem to find anything. I even tried to find an e-mail address for Remington hoping they could help but can't seem to even find that. Thanks, Beverly
biggreenR

Do any members of this society have internet service?

Post by biggreenR »

I think Kuhn did many paintings for Remington arms in the early part of the 20th century. There are many prints of his work available on ebay. Remington still uses his work in their modern advertising. They sell for anywhere from 5.00 to 10.00 per print.