Model 1100 Butt Stock

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
rabbitman

Model 1100 Butt Stock

Post by rabbitman »

First and foremost, I would like to say hello to all my fellow Remington enthusiasts. I have been a fan of Remington's (rifles & shotguns) since childhood. I am now 47 yrs. young. I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys on this forum and hopefully gain a bit more knowledge about some of my favorite firearms and America's oldest gun maker. My first question is for anyone of you that are familiar with the Model 1100 20 gauge Magnum. I have done some searching, but have been unable to find a replacement butt stock that will fit this model. I would prefer a wood stock with the diamond in the grip cap. I cut the stock down years ago, not having the fore thought, of keeping the piece of wood. I also didn't know until I began my search that the gun was obsolete. I am not beyond putting a composite stock on it (preferably camo). The serial number ends in the letter "N". If anyone knows of a gunsmith or someone that sells stocks that will fit this particular model, I would be most appreciative if they would steer me in the right direction.
DavidFagan

Re: Model 1100 Butt Stock

Post by DavidFagan »

Check the service/parts link off the home page... I'm sure e-gunsparts has them but do Remington, 1100, stock and look for the right one, sometimes being to specific like 20 gauge won't bring it up but they are there.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

You're in luck. The standard receiver size 20 gauge and the Standard receiver 20 gauge Magnum, whose serieal numbers end in 'X' and 'N' respectively, used the same butt stock as a 12 gauge, or a 12 gauge Magnum, if you want a recoil pad. They have the nice old ones with the white diamond grip cap and impressed checkering that will match your forend on eBay, GunBroker, and GunsAmerica all the time.
What could have happened... did.
rabbitman

Post by rabbitman »

Thanks a million guys. I will check those out and let you know what I find. I certainly appreciate the heads up.
rabbitman

Post by rabbitman »

Still looking. I haven't found one yet, with the diamond in the grip cap. Do they sell just the stocks on GunBroker and GunsAmerica? I don't want to buy another gun, just for the sake of having a stock. I'll continue my search. Thanks again.
rabbitman

Post by rabbitman »

Will any of the newer synthetic stocks from Remington, Ram Line, etc. fit this model? I can find a wood stock here and there, but nothing yet that matches the current one it's wearing.
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

rabbitman

Post by rabbitman »

Thank you very much, Virginian! Please excuse my computer skills, or lack there of. I appreciate you posting those for me. You're right, I need to learn how to search. Maybe I need to search for another forum?
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

My intent was not to encourage you to leave, but to pay attention. If you look at the results of a search you can usually pretty easily deduce the terms used in the search. For example, on GunBroker, you go firearm parts/shotgun, then select stocks, then type in Remington 1100.