Help please, Remington 597 parts question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
TheCalabrese30

Help please, Remington 597 parts question

Post by TheCalabrese30 »

About 3 years ago, I bought a remington 597 magnum, the really fancy one with a laminated stock and heavy barrel. Evidentally it sat in the shop about 3 years too before it sold. A while back, I removed the rear sights to put a 3-12x50 scope on it. This produced awesome results, but I want to put my iron sights back on and work on rifle before I leave for Fort Benning this summer.

Unfortunately there was a fire at my home this past summer, and while my family and the rifle came out fine, I have serious doubts if I will ever see that rear sight assembly again.
I figure, no big deal, I will buy another one.

I call remington, and it has the old style sights since the rifle is a whopping six or so years old. They evidentally changed the style of the sights, and I can no longer get the old style sights according to the service tech.

Does anyone know where I could acquire them, or how different these sights really are? Could I fit the new one on?? I am personally a bit irate if this is in fact true... one of the biggest and oldest firearms manufacturers in the US, and they cant support a six year old gun? This honestly does not even sound believable, but thats what the tech said.

Also, what would be the likelyhood of getting a blue print from Remington and getting something like this machined?

Thanks in advance
Huber7774@bellsouth.net

Sights

Post by Huber7774@bellsouth.net »

I suggest you go to the Remington Web Site and look under parts suppiers. They could have what you need