WWII Remington Model 11 Aerial Trainer

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
jarheadairsmith

WWII Remington Model 11 Aerial Trainer

Post by jarheadairsmith »

I recently purchased a very intresting Model 11 Sportsman. Now, I understand that some of the pieces are not original to this gun, but I've never seen any other one like it except in vintage pictures and museum pictures. If you look at the pictures, you will notice 4 large screws, 2 on the front and 2 on the back. These were put in to cover up the threaded holes for the mounting system. Now, I need some help. I know by the serial number that it was manufactured in late 1943. The barrel is not marked with a serial number. It does have the US Bomb marking, but it doesnt have the date code markings either. It has the markings CYL on the barrel, but thats it. It has a Cutts choke. The serial on the body and trigger match. I dont know if the barrel and bolt are original, but the mag tube fits only 3 shells. The butt stock is not original, but this gun would not have had one since it was mounted in a mount. One, I would like to know what others think, and does anyone have a value on it. On two other sites, I was told 700 to 1000, but I really have no idea. I might be looking to sell it, but I'm not giving it away. Thank you in advance for any help.